5.22.2010

the elusive



roatan's hummingbird. no more than 3 inches from head to toe, this fast little flyer has been a side project of mine over the past few months.

it wasn't until recently that i realized my backyard is a prime location to spot them, and i've been sneaking around ever since. i will see one through my bedroom window, perched up all calm and carefree on Jefferson's (my landlord) clothesline. i grab my camera, run out there, and as soon as i've got the camera focused and ready for a shot, he up and flies out of sight, like he has somewhere to be. i have managed to capture the hummingbird in a few ways, but i'm not done yet. you will be reintroduced to him only once more.

i will catch you in flight and in flicking your tongue, mr hum.

1 comment:

chez-moi said...

oh my gosh, those are amazing - didn't know hummingbirds stopped to rest long enough for a pic - very cool!