5.10.2010

bananarchnophobia


this is the golden silk orb-weaver spider. also known as the banana spider, for it's banana yellow colour. my parents came to visit me at the end of march and we went to Carambola Gardens for a day to hike around and take pictures. these spiders were all over the trails. i was sweating, my mom was breathing hard, and my dad was losing his footing. just as we were leaving we noticed a spider dangling motionless by two legs. my mom and i attempted a conversation in spanish with the kid behind the counter, as to the reason behind the spiders' actions, and while we were doing so he began to move. real slow at first, curling up each leg, one by one. then he started to drop...right out of his body! i was stoked, my mom was interested, and my dad was hungry. i shot about 200 pictures before dan's stomach got the best of him. it was the slowest shedding i've ever seen, but it was brilliant.

2 comments:

chez-moi said...

OMG are those cool!! they look so awesome now that I see them on the blogsite. You have heard the term - "fashonista". Can we say "photonista"?

m.drev said...

you're a good mother.

:)